Tuesday, April 22, 2008

blogging

While it seems a cliché and extremely trite way to begin the first post of a new blog, it must be said: I never thought I would be writing here.

I have attempted to blog in the past - back in the heyday of myspace and again with livejournal, but I never stuck with it. I would like to think that it was due to my extremely busy and popular schedule; yet am pretty sure that their demise was simply due to the fact that I never had anything to say. Now, don’t get me wrong… I still have nothing important to say – most of my twitters and facebook comments are one liners directed for and understood only by my small group of friends… but I think with my wizened experience of web 2.0, blogs in general and my overall tenure with life, I am able to ramble a little more cohesively and with more passion than before.

As for why I am starting a blog now, I again have found inspiration from my former employer, executive church director and current twitter / facebook buddy, Matt Singley. In his miniseries on new media, http://mattsingley.typepad.com/matt_singleyquips_and_mus/2008/04/new-media-prime.html, he describes that blogging is in his blood and how easy it is to create a blog. After reading that post and then looking at the large amounts of blogs I have on my feeder, this epiphany struck me: if I claim to be all savvy and in tune with current media trends on my resume – I need to follow through and actively participate in these activities. I mean in retrospect, I totally should have set one of these up before. I love twitter, I love facebook, and I love all the geeky things that go hand and hand with blogs – html, web 2.0, flash, hex… etc.

Anyways, my hopes for this blog are that my English and grammar improve to pre-design classes and their super 77 / krylon fixative destruction, my twitter does not suffer, I give a few people one more way to procrastinate while at work or in class and that I will be writing about my lovely new job and car on here six months from now. Wish me luck – see you at the next post!

1 comment:

Matt Singley said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, brother!

ShareThis